Sunday, December 26, 2010

...A retraction


I have been feeling remorseful after writing and posting something quite untrue on this blog. I didn't mean to be dishonest but as I examine my feelings on a certain subject I discover I was writing from a very wonky point of view. As I thought on the matter more and more my feelings were changed. In a recent post titled "..A rant" I said that many of my super cool genius guy friends seem to end up with the blandest girls they can find. But as I thought about each one of these couples, I became more and more ashamed of ever making that statement. While some people are less vocal than others, that certainly doesn't make them less interesting. Perhaps it takes a bit more time, energy and effort to get to know certain personality types and perhaps, in many cases, those we get to know slowly are more worth knowing. Perhaps these women who I hastily deemed "inferior" are in fact superior in the ways that count the most. While their husbands and boyfriends are verbose perhaps they are pensive and reflective. Where their "better halves" are well versed, perhaps they are well mannered. Where I am brash and overconfident perhaps they are aware of their worth and keep it quiet rather than making a spectacle. I am so sorry if my words caused hurt feelings. I want you all to know that this blog operates as an ongoing experiment in self discovery as well as a mechanism for communion and connection. Nothing herein should be seen as conclusive or taken as inflexible fact. I often write when my feelings are at their pinnacle, whether for good or for bad. I write at my happiest and most excited and I also write when I am feeling hurt or confused. Occasionally writers have to make public retractions and I am happy to do so now. As I think more and more about the matter, I feel inferiority itself may be a fallacy altogether.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you truly are a beautiful soul, and one who continues to educate and challenge me to evolve into a worthy, sincere citizen of the world

kristin said...

You are a dream and a half, Crystal.