Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Top 20 Favorite Bands and/or Musicians as of Summer 2011























I think the types of music a person gravitates to can say a lot. Please feel free to tell me what this list says about me. This list is in no particular order.

1. The Sundays
2. The Smiths, Morrissey
3. Tori Amos
4. The Drums
5. MGMT
6. Innocence Mission
7. Ghostland Observatory
8. Psychedelic Furs
9. The Shins
10. Mark Mothersbaugh
11. Badly Drawn Boy
12. Radiohead
13. Debussy
14. Cut Copy
15. Iron and Wine
16. Beethoven
17. Danny Elfman
18. Ella Fitzgerald
19. The Decemberists
20. David Bowie

If you listened to nothing save these artists for the rest of your life your ears, heart, mind, and soul would be in very good hands, voices, beats...whatever. I encourage you to give a listen to someone you may not be as familiar with on this list. This is ALL really yummy stuff, all of it. Try creating a PANDORA station or two to hear some of these geniuses. Let them serve you! Top to bottom, anything these folks do is pretty much luscious. Trust me.

(To view cleaner images just click once on the photo and it will appear for you.)

No comments: