Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sushi Night/Target


Betsy and I have been frequenting Sushi Happy Hour, otherwise known as Half Price Sushi. Last night was no exception but this time we had our Bobby and he treated us. He is such a dream that way. We love him. He always treats us like little princesses. After dinner we went to Target to get some new drinking glasses. We were laughing about high school, a very funny time for us, when I saw one of my little students. He looked shocked to see Ms. Ferrell in public. "Ms. Ferrell?" he said with a quizzical expression that might have meant, aren't you supposed to be asleep under your desk? Kids always find it strange to see teachers out and about having another life outside school. He looked at Bobby with wondering eyes. Just then my student's whole family came over to us. I introduced Bobby. "This is my friend, Bobby." "Your 'friend'?" asked my student's fourth grade sister making quotes in the air with her fingers. Bobby interjected, "Yes. We are good friends and we've been friends for fifteen years." It was pretty cute and funny.
This morning my student approached me and said, "I saw you last night," as if I might have forgotten. I said, "Yes, I remember. It was fun to see you."

No comments: